Students plan events ahead of Human Rights Day
A group of pupils at City of Norwich School, An Ormiston Academy are planning a series of events during the week leading up to International Human Rights Day on the 10th December 2016.
The Amnesty International Group meet once a week at lunchtime to discuss various issues and how to take action.
The International Human Rights Day commemorates the day in 1948 that the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The CNS Amnesty Group have planned a range of activities including:
- All KS3 classes will be taking part in a special Human Rights themed lesson
- An Amnesty stall where students will be able to find out more information
- Amnestea – a fundraising stall with cakes, biscuits and drinks for sale
- A Christmas chocolate hunt – fundraising for Amnesty International.
- Write for Rights – writing letters and cards to people around the world in need of support.
For our final event on the 9th December, 15 members of the school will be sponsored to give up certain rights including speech, food and sleep and more, but not the right to education!”
Maud Webster, from the CNS Amnesty International Group