Headteacher's Message, Friday 2nd March 2018
What a week! The weather has thrown everyone their own challenges and making decisions regarding keeping the school open in adverse weather has certainly been mine. There are pros and cons as to whether to open or to close. I have found it extremely helpful to be able to discuss these with our Deputy Headteacher Mr. Sprake, Assistant Site Manager Mr. Bullock as well as Ormiston and other local Headteachers. First and foremost, in the decision making, is student and staff safety and as the weather worsened, the decision to close became more obvious. I hope families have managed to say safe and warm; for many families, this weather will have presented them with difficulties in terms of keeping warm and providing hot meals. I have been watching in admiration, the large numbers of volunteers supporting vulnerable members of the community. Finally, can I thank families for their positive feedback regarding our closure; we will keep parents and students updated about 'catch up' plans as well as rescheduled events.
I was able to tweet some photos of the site in the snow this week; my favourite photo, was the one taken by Mrs Martin on Tuesday break time as the students played in the snow on the field. We allow students to snowball away from buildings and cars and they were sensible in following this advice. The sound of laughter and shrieks resonating from the field, alongside the sheer joy on the students faces, was a memory that will last for a long time.
I hope you have a good weekend and that plans are not too disrupted by the weather, so you can enjoy whatever you are doing.